Important changes to competition terms, due to COVID-19
The situation associated with the COVID-19 outbreak is rapidly evolving. In order to support Genome Canada’s research community at this time, including those researchers preparing applications in our current competitions, Genome Canada has made the decision to postpone the deadlines for the Pre-Application and Full Application stages of the 2020 Large-Scale Applied Research Project Competition by three months. We will continue to assess the situation as it unfolds. The Regional Genome Centres and Genome Canada will consult regularly to determine if any further adjustments to the timeline are necessary.
Please see the revised information below.
da, together with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan), is seeking proposals for large-scale research projects which focus on the application of genomics in Canada’s natural resources and environment sectors.
This funding opportunity builds on the complementary mandates of Genome Canada and NRCan and provides an opportunity to bring together and maximize the effectiveness of the research communities, infrastructure, and resources supported by both organizations.
The scope of the competition will include areas such as genomics research related to energy, mining, forestry, water stewardship, healthy oceans, wildlife management/conservation and bioproducts that help conserve natural resources, protect the environment and support sustainable resource management. It also includes the use of genomics to understand the adaptive genetic potential of species, populations and ecosystems to climate and other environmental changes and stressors, and identify those key elements that impact ecosystem structure, function and diversity.
The following forms are available for download:
Detailed competition calendar and internal deadlines
Registration and Pre-application
- Deadline for Registration and Activity Sheet to Genome Alberta: Monday March 2nd, 2020
- 2-hour Strategic Whiteboard Sessions March 5 – 9, 2020
- Deadline for draft pre-applications to Genome Alberta: Late May, 2020
- Final pre-applications due to Genome Alberta: Late July, 2020
- Notification of pre-application results: October, 2020
- Deadline for draft full application to Genome Alberta: Mid November, 2020
- Deadline for final full application to Genome Alberta: Late December, 2020 (before holidays start)
- Interview with review panel: Mid February, 2021