Genome Alberta is a publicly funded not-for-profit corporation that initiates, funds, and manages genomics research and partnerships. Genome Alberta strives to be the leading source of information and administration related to genomics, proteomics, and bioinformatics research in Alberta. We are dedicated to informing students, researchers, research organizations, our partners, and the public regarding opportunities and challenges in genomics and proteomics, and in encouraging the development of a Life Sciences research industry in Alberta.
This is a full time, permanent position, in Calgary or Edmonton (Calgary preferred), and will consist of 37.5 hours per week (7.5 hours per day, Monday-Friday).
Genome Alberta is committed to following all provincial and federal public health authority guidance pertaining to COVID-19. Our organization is currently operating under a hybrid model until further notice. Genome Alberta supports an environment where all employees are fully vaccinated.
Reporting to the Manager of Business Development and Programs, the Program Officer’s primary duties and responsibilities will include working in collaboration with Genome Alberta’s Management and Program staff.
Your major responsibilities and contributions to the team will include but are not limited to:
- Support the Programs Office in the coordination of Project meetings and managing the relationship with institutions involved in the Projects.
- Schedule and lead selected Genome Alberta-led conferences, workshops, and stakeholder engagement meetings (including budgeting and monitoring of expenses).
- Assist the Programs Office in working with the Alberta genomics research community to allow them to effectively compete in Genome Canada large scale project Competitions.
- Coordinate the development of an Alberta biomanufacturing strategy.
- Aid the Programs Office in coordinating oversight activities for Genome Alberta’s funded efforts (“Projects”), including ensuring that progress and accountability evaluations are accomplished in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
- Maintain a comprehensive database of individuals, organizations, and stakeholder consultations.
- As required, work with Genome Alberta’s Director of Communications to contribute to Genome Alberta’s outreach activities.
A scientific background (minimally BSc/MSc) in molecular biology or a related discipline, complemented with a minimum of 3 years work experience in an academic research environment and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a scientific audience is required. The successful candidate needs to be highly organized and efficient. Expertise in project or financial management is an asset.
- A competitive compensation package.
- Exceptional culture.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a small organization that aims to improve the lives of Albertans and Canadians through its support for genomics research.
- An appropriate work-life balance that ensures the well-being of its employees.
- Group RRSP contributions/Pension (company match).
Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our company website with a cover letter and resume to the attention of Mitthua Banks, Office Manager
, before April 19, 2022
Potential start date: May 16, 2022
Click to download this documen
Genome Alberta is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment that values the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at our organization means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
Please note that we will only be contacting candidates selected for an interview. We thank you for your interest in Genome Alberta.